According to the definition found in the BOE, the Self-Protection Plan is the document that establishes the organic and functional framework foreseen for a centre, establishment, space, facility or dependency, with the aim of preventing and controlling risks to people and property and providing an adequate response to possible emergency situations, in the area under the responsibility of the owner of the activity, guaranteeing the integration of these actions with the public civil protection system.
The Self-Protection Plan addresses the identification and assessment of risks, the actions and measures necessary for the prevention and control of risks, as well as the protective measures and other actions to be taken in the event of an emergency.
The Self-Protection Plan must be integrated into the normal and ordinary operations of the company, so it does not end with its development and legalisation, but is a living document that must be updated periodically and must be known by all those responsible for the entity and employees according to their level of involvement in it. This means that the following activities must be carried out for the definitive and operational implementation of a self-protection plan:
- The actual implementation of the plan.
- Updating and revision of all emergency equipment.
- Periodic training of workers on the self-protection plan. Periodic refresher and reminder training should be provided for the staff in general and specific training for new recruits.
- Specific first-aid and fire-fighting training for those persons pre-established in the plan who form part of teams participating in the plan.
- Periodic management and control of the inventory of resources assigned or defined in the self-protection plan.
- Periodic review of the facilities defined or considered in the plan.
- Periodic carrying out of drills and updating of the plan according to the results obtained.
- Coordination with the security services involved: police, fire brigade, civil protection, etc.
Talarn Consulting has technicians who are trained and accredited to be able to carry out Self-Protection Plans at a local level. We will accompany you throughout the entire process, from the initial analysis to the final legalisation of the Plan. We will also support you in the tasks involved in its implementation and subsequent maintenance, training, drills, etc., between mandatory review periods.